Friday, June 09, 2006

Home, sweet home?

Okay, so I'm back in my native country, with my family, in the house where I grew up. I've been saying that I'm at home, but still it feels like I've left my home forever. I left this place emotionally when I was sixteen, and I can't fully return here again. Now I've left Flekke, and I know I can't go back there... Let's see how iceland turns out?

About Iceland: In most msn conversations, the first question is, "When are you going to Iceland?" I've been saying August, and now I shall be more precise. I haven't ordered my tickets yet, because there are wuite many little factors playing a role here... An old American friend of the family is moving to Iceland in August, So my parents might be going there to greet him as a surprise. If so, I'll be going with them, Shang Hai'ing them to carry some of my stuff. If not, I'm going to plan B, which consists of Ace picking me up, and helping me bring stuff to Iceland. If he can't do this, I will move to plan C, which is me travelling alone with what seems to amount to insane amounts of luggage. (I'm moving there for a year for F**k's sake!) So, my ordering of tickets depends on my parents first and then Ace, and then me. So, no tickets or departure date yet.

The second question is always: "Are you looking forward to it?"
Now what do you say to a question like that? Of course I'm looking forward to it, otherwise I probably wouldnn't be doing it, would I?
Actually I think it will be very nice. We've got loads of plans :P I've started making my first DnD character already and, I am secretly planning to thrust my dungeon tournament campaign at them after a while... I want to get used to their way of gaming first of course...

Now comes the inbetween. Until I move there, I need to be occupied with something, right? At the moment, I'm applying for two different jobs. Also I am going to start taking my driver's licence on monday, so I've got my hands full.
I showed my older brother my Serenity roleplaying book, and now he's going to DM a campaign. (of course I managed to get permission to play.)
What else is new? Not much. I'm going to Wacken in the beginning of August. Wacken is the biggest metal festival in the world, and I iz going there with my posse. The Faroe posse... Peh. Funny actually Ace's visit to the Faroes right after Wacken last year has triggered Faroese interest, so now about 50 people are going from here. All aquaintances of me and my friends and their friends :P

This'll be all for now poeples, I'm sure no one reads this anymore, but hey... At least I updated =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Dreihaddar said...

Funny enough I also get alot of "When is Bunny moving to Iceland" questions :P
Have you got an idea as to when your parents are gonna decide if they're coming? As always plane tickets and such are cheapest the sooner you order.

I'm set for Wacken save for getting a decent tent (I can't do the same trick as last time with the extreme low quality single person tent, since that'd not be nice with two people). Now it's just a matter of getting through these entrance exams and then to start work in fish.
Mmm...

And I still read this! You even have an update thingy in your MSN name so it's very handy :D

*hides in your covers*

Wuv,
Ace

3:29 PM  
Blogger Tugc said...

I do read it:) And i was waiting to see an update, and now here it is:)
Noone asks me any questions, buhuhuhu:( ..hehe..the most high rated question i got this year was, "what is the time over there now?", " when did you come back?", "how long is your break?","when are you going back?" :D
So at least your question is a bit more enthusiastic than mine:)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

derek, such comments tsss.... only you can dare... :P
and... see, now when ppl start talking about not reading their blogs... i appear...
yes i do read your blog from time to time bunny!!!
:P :D

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home