Saturday, September 16, 2006

So, Iceland

I know I owe you a big, big update now, but instead it's gonna be small. Hopefully I'll get more regular from now on.


So, since last time:
I've moved to Iceland. That's probably the biggest change in my life. I'm settled nicely now, Ace and I are happy together like everyone was predicting all along. I've got a job in the bakery two floors down, and I also help out at Nexus from time to time. We got the last bit of furniture last night: a coffetable. Two of our friends, a married couple, gave us their old table which fitted as if made for our apartment. So now we've got a couch and two matching, comfy chairs, a coffetable, a cabinet, a dining table, six chairs for the dining table, two TV's, a bed, a closet and a kitchen and bathroom with everything we need.

I'm enjoying my time here immencely, feeling better and better about being here. My family will come and visit me at the beginning of october, so I'll most likely have a good birthday too.

I still sometimes feel a twinge of longing for the college. it's strange, because when I was there I couldn't wait to leave, but now I sometimes wish I could go back and things would be the same. In addition I miss my friends at home, and my family a bit as well. Never had this feeling before.
I'm in two RPG's already. It's great to be playing again, and once a week is just enough to keep me longing for the next session. They're both D&D, one being Ace's world, and the other being set in Eberron, DM'ed by a friend of ours.


Did I mention that I got my driver's licence? Yeah, I am now legitimately allowed to drive a car on public roads without a teacher sitting next to me. So fear the streets as of the day I got my licence! nah, I enjoy driving, but haven't been able to get any practice at all her in Iceland.

That's all for now, hopefully it won't be too long until my next update.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tugc said...

God, you are finally back.congrats for you drivers licence and it s amazing how you settle down in iceland.
I still feel like a wanderer..dunno why..
keep us more updated please.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home